5 Outdoor Wedding Venues in Southern Indiana
In the search for the perfect wedding venue for your big day, there is no shortage of choices, but there is always a shortage of time, it seems. And while traditional wedding venues tend to be reliable and take less weight out of your wallet, the prime wedding months from April-October remain the most popular because of one incredibly important detail: weather. Nice weather, to be exact, especially if you’re looking at outdoor wedding venues.
Outdoor weddings take every advantage of that ‘nice weather’ factor, and have grown in popularity for a whole range of reasons – the beauty and ambience of a natural backdrop for your “I do’s” and wedding photos is unparalleled, the experience feels more personal to the couple, and the space that outdoor venues provide lends itself to each individual wedding plan, from large and lavish to small and intimate.
But not all outdoor wedding venues are created equal.
Luckily, we’ve dug into the venue search and come up with a list of some of the most beautiful outdoor wedding venues in Southern Indiana, each chosen to represent one category that you might be looking for regarding:
- Evening Availability
- High Ratings
- Included Amenities
While there are always more venues out there, here’s our narrowed-down recommendation list for you to check out!
1. Affordability: Indiana Outdoor Weddings
Common amongst budget weddings, Indiana Outdoor Weddings offers you a low-cost venue for you to DIY your wedding at. With three different wedding packages offered, including the Quick Elopement ($249 and 4 guests), DIY Ceremony Only ($499 and up to 125 guests), and DIY Wedding and Reception ($999 and up to 125 guests), Indiana Outdoor Weddings aims to provide a beautiful space for you to conduct your special day, located in Columbus, IN.
With the best bang for your buck out of the three, the DIY Wedding and Reception provides:
- On Site Assistance (wedding day)
- 12-Hour Property Rental
- Wedding Amphitheater
- Electrical/Water Supply
- Forest Settings
- Gazebo on the Pond
- Extensive Rock Gardens Forest Settings
- Rehearsal Night Before if required and available
- 2- Hour Property Access before & after wedding for set up/clean up
- Arrange your own: Reception Tent, Tables/Chairs/Linens, Dance Floor
- Arrange your own: Caterer/Bar Service & Entertainment
2. Uniqueness: Mesker Park Zoo and Botanic Garden
Located in Evansville, IN, the Mesker Park Zoo offers a unique outdoor venue for your wedding with plenty of amenities that you won’t see anywhere else, including exotic guests to visit up close (plus additional perks), paddle boats, and a jungle transport tram. Accommodating up to 150 guests and with an indoor option, as well, you have your choice of the available Event Center Venue, Park and Garden Venue, or Rainforest Venue. The Mesker Park Zoo and Botanic Garden is an assured memorable experience for everyone, with attractions to keep guests of any age entertained and a beautiful location that will give you the feel of a destination wedding, all from nearby Southern Indiana.
3. Evening Availability: Avon Gardens
If you’re worried about time limits, music cutoffs, or just want the beautiful, serene atmosphere of an evening wedding – Avon Gardens in Avon, IN is the venue for you. Especially attractive in the summer months, when temperatures drop to dramatically more comfortable levels in the evening, Avon Gardens affords you the option of both daytime and evening wedding times, with a gorgeous, blooming garden for your backdrop either way. Whether you want your wedding lit up by the sun or illuminated with hundreds of candles, this 250 guest-accommodating ceremony and reception venue provides flexibility, adaptability, and value, including:
- 5 acres of garden space
- Convenient May-October blooming periods, during the heart of wedding season
- Provided bridal arbor, pavilion, gazebo, and tent decoration included in cost
- Climate-controlled indoor changing areas for the bridal party
- A garden pavilion and outdoor bar for receptions
- Included set-up and cleanup services
- No beverage minimums
- No flat fees
- Guest and day-based rates for a tailored cost
- Two hour venue availability for photos and preparation
4. High Ratings: Willow Acres
With a 5-Star rating, Willow Acres proves itself to deliver wedding results as beautiful as its grounds suggest. Located in Middletown, IN, this venue offers a comprehensive experience, with available add-ons to customize your wedding and extensive lists of vetted wedding services, such as DJs, caterers, florists, bar services, makeup and hair stylists, bakers, photographers, videographers, salons, event planners, and rental services in the Southern Indiana area. Even before you choose Willow Acres as your wedding venue, they’re already committed to facilitating your big day and taking some of the responsibility off of your shoulders. As a base list of amenities provided, regardless of the package you choose, they offer:
- A bridal suite for half of the couple
- A groom’s RV for the other half
- Exclusive venue use for the ceremony and reception
- Provided chairs and tables
- Golf cart availability for accessibility assistance
- Outdoor misting fans
- Parking on premise
- Tents for unexpected weather
As it strives to provide flexibility to each guest’s event needs, there are three different packages that offer a respectively increasing variety of amenities and prices on top of the basic provisions, which include the Elegant Celebration package, the Enchanted Romance package, and the Distinctly Yours package.
5. Included Amenities: Lakeside Reflections
Right next to Louisville in Jeffersonville, IN, Lakeside Reflections Event Venue prides itself as a full-service venue – meaning everything you need is on-site and included in your chosen wedding package. With an already-considerable list of basic amenities before packages, Lakeside Reflections offers for ceremonies:
- One Hour rehearsal with D.J. usually the day before, depending on availability
- Two Hour early access to venue on date of your wedding for vendors & bridal party
- Use of our Chandelier Bridal Change Room
- One Hour Ceremony Time
- Outdoor wedding ceremony overlooking the 11-acre lake
- D.J. to MC & coordinate your ceremony & customize your music selection for your event.
- Decorate (2 hours) the day before
- Four hour reception
- A Lakeside Event Coordinator & DJ/ MC playing your customized music
- Choice of menu prepared and served by Lakeside Reflections
- White linen tablecloths & white chair covers (black tablecloths are also an option)
- White skirting & lights for bridal & cake table; black skirting for all service tables
- Lakeside standard decorations:
- Tiffany vases w/floral, candle & mirror centerpieces for guest tables
- Cake stand & knife
- Toasting glasses
- Bottle of Asti Spumante
- Card box
- White China plates or etched glass plates, glassware, silverware & linen napkins
- Cake cutting service
- Full service, set-up & clean-up
- 1 keg of domestic draft beer
- 100 glasses of Lakeside House wine
- Unlimited soft drinks, water, iced tea & hot tea & coffee station
- Flexible bar services with no minimum
With 7 different food packages, including a customized meal plan, priced for 50-400 guests, Lakeside Reflections has it all on their beautiful, historic, 11-acre lakeside venue. Between the museum and lakeside venue, you won’t have a shortage of options on anything you might need for your outdoor wedding.
Not What You’re Looking For?
Venues are one of the most variable factors of a wedding – you can have them anywhere. If you haven’t found the venue of your dreams, or if you’re trying to budget with a free venue in a backyard or privately-owned or rented property without essential amenities available, such as restrooms, refrigeration, storage, or disposal services, Moon has your basic outdoor wedding venue needs covered.
Moon Portable Restrooms has years of experience offering the best portable restrooms, restroom trailers, and handwashing stations available to customers across Kentucky and Southern Indiana. For more information, give Moon Portable Restrooms a call at 502-776-2199.